Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Return of the Nerd

Like any quality super hero or super villain, although I had seemingly disappeared of the face of the earth and presumed dead, I have RETURNED!!
My apologies for my long absence, I juggle quite a few things between full time work and school, some volunteering (which studies say make you happier) and trying to achieve a healthy, happy, holistic lifestyle. To be honest, my next post was to be about time management... the Ironman of all Ironies. And I still plan on writing it... after I work out a couple of kinks...

Yet as for the year of 2014, as with the beginning of every new year, there is, of course, a new opportunity to try yet again and follow the muggle social norm to create resolutions to adopt better or positive behaviors. I don’t favor the term “resolution,” so much, and tend to view these things more as goals, since I know can accomplish those, and I like my track record with goals (I don’t consider myself to have been as successful with resolutions). I also like to keep in mind that people, circumstances and goals change, and it makes sense that goals are more easily changed than resolutions...every so often I can be capable of being practical.  And so the top three goals I have for this year (at least for now) include:


  • More blogging! With more of a reflection of me, than the perfect posts I want
    I don't mean this kind of
     alien spider star.....
    everyone to read; I can literally spend an unbelievable amount of time editing (I’m a grammar Nazi...). It has also recently been brought to my attention that writing everyday has holistic benefits, so I’m reaching for the stars. Caveat: this could lead to more random, and more opinionated posts. I hope you're ready :)


  • Eat more efficiently - I cook most of my meals at home, and I’m pretty good about being frugal and conscientious of what I buy. However, I do know that out of what I do buy, some vegetables often get pushed to the back of the fridge, or other spoilables are sometimes easily forgotten and go bad (I swear my fridge is made of oubliettes). This bothers me less as a waste of the money spent on these foods, but more as food wasted when there are so many hungry people in the world. I’m going to make/invent/use some system so I don’t waste good food. If I make a brilliant discovery I'll be sure to share


  • Give more -  In several senses of the word. Give more of my time to volunteering. Give more time to myself to do nothing (sounds selfish, but it's important to recharge). Give Peter Capaldi a chance to wow me as the Doctor (despite my waterworks meltdown at Smith’s departure). And any other positive way to interpret this goal. 

And with those in mind, I would like to wish those who happen upon this blog - and those who don’t - an INCREDIBLE new year. 






Make it a good one!











No comments:

Post a Comment