Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY 10th DOCTOR!!!


As it turns out, yesterday was David Tennant’s birthday. Hurrah! I meant to post this much sooner, but time got a little wibbley-wobbley on me and before I knew it the 10th Doctor’s birthday was through. I had every intention of being timely, but if you pay close attention, the Doctor isn’t usually on time either. Rather than get to exactly when and where he plans to go, he usually ends up where’s he’s needed, and I’d like to think that life works that way too. Plans don’t always come out as you plan them, and in my personal experience is that when my plans don’t always go as planned, I usually end up doing something that needed to be done, or end up being somewhere where I was needed, and well, everything usually works out. And remember:


Everything comes out alright in the end. If it’s not alright, then it’s not the end.


Anyways, I digress. In celebration of the 10th Doctor’s birthday (He’s 42 this year, a rather significant number: read here),  I’ve decided to share a recipe for banana daiquiris. :)  And as many Whovians are quite aware, it was the 10th Doctor who invented them (400 years early to be exact) and so I find it appropriate for the occasion. It also turns out that most banana daiquiris are completely gluten free, as rum is generally gluten free. (Although a caveat to the gluten-sensitive nerds out there: Beware of flavored rums as they could be harboring wheat, barley or malt).






So, to answer Jack’s timeless question: Why is all the rum gone?! Because it’s practically gluten-free, so even us gluten-free nerds can drink it. 


Now on with the recipe.



INGREDIENTS 

(This recipe serves two, a glass for the
 Doctor, and one for his companion.)



3 oz light rum 
2 tbsp triple sec
2 bananas
3 oz. lime juice
2 tbsp sugar
2 cherries



DIRECTIONS 

Combine all the ingredients (except for the cherry) and 1 cup of ice in an electric blender. Blend on a low speed for five seconds, then blend at high speed until firm. Pour contents into 2 cups/glasses. Garnish each with a cherry. 

And Allons-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment